Areas of Research
PIVAR has several large registries which collates confidential patient data in various areas of Vascular Surgery. This data is used to help understand characteristics of patients afflicted with certain conditions and ways to improve their lives.
- Carotid Artery Stenting
- Carotid Endarterectomy
- Pelvic Congestion Syndrome and Ovarian Embolisation
- Endovascular Aneurysm Repair
- Minimally Invasive Treatment of Varicose Veins: Radiofrequency ablation (RFA), Endovenous Laser ablation therapy (EVLT), VenaSeal Glue Treatment
- Iliofemoral DVT management with emphasis on accurate diagnosis modalities
Studies and Trials
Patients are specifically recruited to trials to examine various Vascular techniques
- COBEST - Covered versus Balloon Expandable Stent Trial. A prospective, multicentre, randomised controlled trial to treat patients with severe AIOD.
- Engage: Endurant stent graft natural selection global post market registry was initiated to expand the clinical knowledge base by including ‘real-world’ subjects diagnosed with AAA and eligible for treatment with EVAR
- BARD® VENOVO Venous Stent Study: to assess the safety and effectiveness of the VENOVO™ venous stent for the treatment of iliofemoral occlusive disease including acute or chronic deep vein thrombosis (DVT), May-Thurner Syndrome or a combination.
- DEBAS: This study aimed to determine the safety and efficacy of a drug-coated balloon inflated within a thin-strut self-expanding bare-metal stent in patients with severe and complex femoropopliteal occlusive disease.
- Biotronik Biolux P-III: a prospective, international, multicentre, post market allcomers registry with followup examinations at 6, 12 and 24 months. The objective of the BIOLUX PIII allcomers registry is to collect short and long term clinical performance data on the Passeo18 Lux DRB in the treatment of atherosclerotic disease in the infrainguinal arteries in an allcomers patient population in daily clinical practice
- BIOTRONIK 4French for AMBulatory peripheral intervention (BIO4AMB): A multicenter, controlled trial comparing 4French versus 6French femoral access for endovascular treatment of lower- extremity peripheral artery disease in an ambulatory setting
- Gore Great Study: designed to examine real world outcomes after treatment with aortic endovascular products (GORE Excluder Device, GORE C3 Delivery System, GORE TAG Device, and Conformable GORE TAG Device).